An official announcement was made in regards to the adoption of a new version of the Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices (PMD) Act.
The latest version of the PMD Act covers issues such as
- Application of Artificial Intelligence
- Unique Device Identifiers
- Instructions For Use provided in electronic form
There were also changes made to the requirements relating to pre-marketing application submission and post-marketing surveillance.
The goals of this new change are:
- Simplification of access to the market to make innovative medical devices accessible to patients.
- Providing a new vision on the functions of healthcare institutions and professionals.
- Improvement of the regulatory compliance system.
We would see drastic improvements in compliance and supervision systems, thus making communications with manufacturers more efficient through providing legal clarity and certainty of the regulatory requirements.